- We look forward to welcoming you to Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
The Park is operated by Farah Experiences LLC. For our guests’ safety and enjoyment, entry to the Park is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By purchasing a ticket and entering the Park, you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions.
- About Us
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi (the “Park”) and the domain www.ferrariworldabudhabi.com (this “Website”) are operated by Farah Experiences L.L.C., which is referred to herein as “Farah” or “us” or “we”. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of this website.
Your use of any information or materials on this Website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products or information available through this Website meet your specific requirements.
Your use of this Website, these Website Terms and Conditions, all other policies and terms and conditions related to this Website and any dispute arising out of any of the forgoing are subject to the laws of the United Arab Emirates.
Farah may change the content of this Website and these Website Terms and Conditions (in whole or part) at any time and without prior notification. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any such changes, as they are legally binding on you.
Certain software may be required to access or use this Website or to electronically open tickets purchased via this Website. Farah will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage caused by such software or arising from any inability to access this Website or tickets which is related to such software.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on this Website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all express and implied warranties, representations and guarantees which may apply to this Website or any content on it or any products available through it, including with respect to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the products, information and materials found or offered on this Website for any particular purpose.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING ANY LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF BUSINESS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEBSITE; (II) ANY DELAYED OR FAILED PURCHASE OR DELIVERY OF TICKETS; (III) USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THIS WEBSITE; OR (IV) ANY VIRUS THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY CONTENT ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
You undertake to indemnify, protect, release, hold harmless and keep indemnified Farah, its Associated Entities and their respective officers, directors, managers, employees and agents from and against all or any costs (including legal and professional costs and expenses), fees, claims, demands, suits, proceedings, actions, expenses, loss and damage arising from any use of this Website by you, any breach or non-compliance with applicable terms and conditions by you and any claims by any party related to or arising from the actual, intended or promised exchange, transfer or resale of tickets by you. All indemnified claims shall be defended or settled by Farah or its Associated Entities. At the sole discretion of Farah or its Associated Entities, you may be allowed reasonable participation in the defence of any such claims or settlement discussions.
Each paragraph of these Website Terms and Conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
If we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with these Website Terms and Conditions.
This Website will NOT deal or provide any services or products to any of OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctions countries in accordance with the law of UAE.
- Prohibited Uses
You may not use this Website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is fraudulent, or has any fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm others in any way;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware (each a “Virus”);
- to reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell any part of this Website;
- to access, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of this Website, any equipment or network on which this Website is stored, any software used in the provision of this Website, or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party, each of which is a “Prohibited Use”.
- Social Media Rules
The Park’s social media pages are intended for you, so that you can come and join the conversation, connect with other people and have fun sharing your thoughts and ideas. We want our online communities to be a place where everyone can feel comfortable, which means that there are rules of play. To ensure that visitors of our social media pages may enjoy a positive experience we ask that you do not send, post, upload, use or reuse any content or comments (including photos and videos) which may be:
- a violation of the terms and policies of the social media site concerned;
- threatening, harassing, abusive, violent, inciting of violence or otherwise inflammatory;
- encouraging of conduct that would be considered a criminal offence;
- discriminatory, racist, sexually explicit, vulgar or offensive to other cultures;
- promotional information, including links to third parties or their products or services;
- political or religious activism;
- infringing on any intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights;
- a solicitation of any personal or private information from any individual;
- false, fraudulent or misleading;
- spam, corrupt or containing Viruses;
- off topic or unrelated to the Park; or
- otherwise inappropriate for our social media communities.
Farah does not necessarily endorse and is not responsible for the accuracy of any remarks, opinions, comments, suggestions and other information expressed or included in user comments and posts on our social media pages.
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any of our social media pages. You are solely responsible for the content of your comments and posts on our social media pages. The use of any of our social media pages by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian.
Should you find any content or comments posted on our social media pages which you believe is not in accordance with either these Website Terms and Conditions then please report it to us here:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Finally, please be aware that Farah reserves the right to use, copy, distribute and/or disclose without compensation to you any content or comments that you post on our social media pages, including any ideas or information relating to the Park’s products.
You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary rights and permissions to use and exploit, and to authorise us to use and exploit, any content or comments that you post on our social media pages. You agree not to enforce any moral or ancillary rights in or to such content or comments against us or our authorised users.
We are excited to have you in our social media community and we look forward to hearing your thoughts!
- Conditions of Sale
- By purchasing your tickets online you are deemed to have accepted the Park terms and conditions of entry set out below.
- To use tickets purchased on this Website, at the time of entry you must produce:
- e-ticket (electronic form or printed copy); and
- the credit card used to purchase the tickets or valid government issued ID matching the name listed in the booking.
Purchases must be made using a credit card and will be charged in United Arab Emirates Dirhams.
Tickets purchased on this Website will be delivered via email to the email address supplied by the purchaser. If this email is not received, please contact us at +971 (2) 496 8000.
The tickets are non-exchangeable and non-refundable. These tickets are void if re-sold, transferred, altered or damaged
Tickets shall be void if altered or if they are exchanged, transferred or resold except by licensed distributors as preapproved by Farah in writing.
If you purchase products or services other than tickets on this Website, additional terms and conditions may apply. You will have the opportunity to review these prior to confirming your booking.
For applicable terms and conditions relating to ADCB TouchPoints and more information, please visit the ADCB TouchPoints website.
- We look forward to welcoming you to Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
The Park is operated by Farah Experiences LLC. For our guests’ safety and enjoyment, entry to the Park is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By purchasing a ticket and entering the Park, you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions.
The following words and expressions have the following meanings unless content requires otherwise:
- Park is defined above
- you or your refers to guests at the Park
- we means Farah Experiences LLC, the operator of the Park
- Refund/Cancellation policy
- Refund/Cancellation Policy
For General Admission Tickets refunds, or date changes of purchased tickets, please contact Yas Concierge before the date of your Park visit on 600 511115 or email email@example.com to process your request. The latest you can notify us is 7pm on the date of your Park visit. If you notify us after this, no refunds or changes will be processed.
All tickets sold online are the property of Farah Experiences LLC, the operator of the “Park. Entry and use of the Park is subject to specific product terms and conditions, our general terms and conditions and those set out below:
- Individuals entering the Park must hold a valid ticket which has been obtained from us, our website or an authorised third party.
- The entrance ticket and other entitlements remain our property and are not for re-sale, are non-refundable, non-transferable, and may not be exchanged for commercial gain. Tickets and other entitlements are void if altered.
- Non-dated tickets do not guarantee entry.
- You will need to present the original ticket or online e-ticket in order to gain entry into the Park (note this may not be required if you have completed all steps to register for FacePass contactless access).
- The ticket is valid for the period stated on its face.
- g. Your ticket is personal to you and may not be shared with others. The ticket is not valid for special events that require a separate admission charge. Tickets must be presented for re-entry to the Park on the same day (note this may not be required if you have completed all steps to register for FacePass contactless access).
- Tickets should be retained and shown for inspection upon demand.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult over the age of 18 and holding a valid ticket.
- If tickets are bought on behalf of other guests (for example, group bookings), the buyer accepts these terms and conditions on behalf of every guest and shall ensure that these terms and conditions are complied with by each person in the group. If you are an adult supervising minor children in the Park then you accept these terms and conditions on behalf of those minors.
- If you resell a ticket without our express consent, it will be void. By purchasing a ticket you agree that the tickets are for the personal use of you and your party only, and will not be resold or transferred.
- Terms and conditions relating to ticket categories are available here
- Additional terms and conditions apply to online purchases – please refer to conditions of sale
- At the Park
- The standard operating hours of the Park are set out on our website. Operating hours are subject to change.
- We do not permit the following within the Park:
- Outside food and beverage (Exceptions are any food required for medical purposes, medically–indicated nutritional supplements and baby food/baby formula)
- Fighting or abusive language
- Smoking in non-designated smoking areas
- Unruly behavior
- Queue jumping
- Weapons of any kind, or potentially dangerous items such as items made of glass or with sharp edges
- Coolers, suitcases, and bags with wheels
- Clothing with offensive language or content
- Clothing that identifies the wearer as emergency personnel
- Pets (except service animals in special cases that will be determined by us)
- The use of two-wheeled, self-balancing electric vehicles such as Segways.
- The use of recreational devices such as remote control drones, toys, scooters, inline skates, skateboards or shoe with built in wheels.
- The sale of goods or services or the display of goods or services for sale.
- Photography, videotaping, or recording of any kind for commercial purpose without our prior written approval.
- Unlawful or immoral behaviour
- We reserve the right to deny admission for any reason. We reserve the right to remove guests from the Park if they fail to comply with these terms and conditions or any other applicable rules regulations, or instructions, without a refund. This is without prejudice to any claim that we might have against you or arising from your actions.
- Please read safety signs and follow the directions of our employees at all times.
- Your dress and appearance must be suitable for a family theme park and in keeping with the culture and values of the United Arab Emirates.
- You must supervise children in your care and arrange a meeting place in case you should become separated.
- Smoking (references to which include electronic cigarettes) is not allowed inside the Park building. You may only smoke in the designated areas outside.
- The safety and security of our guests is of the utmost importance to us. By entering the Park, you consent to you and your belongings being subject to searches, screenings and/or security checks.
- Locker rental is available for your convenience at an additional charge; valuable items should be stored in these lockers or not brought into the Park.
- You must not leave your belongings unattended in the Park.
- You accept that you have a duty to take reasonable steps to ensure your own safety, taking into account any medical conditions you may have. Use of the Park is at your sole risk. We accept no responsibility for any loss, injury or damage sustained within the Park. You confirm that we are not responsible for any loss, injury or damage sustained by you or to your property and waive all claims against us in this respect, to the maximum extent permitted by UAE law.
- Enjoying our Rides
- Height and safety restrictions apply; guests may not be able to experience all rides.
- Access to a ride is conditional on compliance with the safety rules for that ride. It is your responsibility to read and evaluate the ride description and rules for each ride and see if you can safely participate - you are the best judge of your limitations. If you have specific questions or require additional information, please contact one of our employees who will be happy to assist.
- Safety restrictions may impact your ability to use certain rides. Please check the ride restrictions on our website before purchasing your ticket.
- CAUTION: Certain rides contain bright lighting effects that flash or strobe. If you have sensitivity to these conditions or a history of photosensitive epilepsy, you should avoid these rides.
- Some rides may feature content that is not suitable for younger guests. Where the ride rules state ‘parental discretion is recommended’, parents or guardians of minors should use their judgment to establish whether the ride is suitable for the minors in their care.
- Smoking, eating or drinking is not permitted on any of our rides.
- Space is provided at certain rides to leave non-valuable items whist you enjoy the ride. Although we will endeavour to provide reasonable care of such items, we cannot accept liability for loss or damage to those items. You should store valuable items in the lockers provided throughout the Park.
- FacePass and contactless services
- FacePass services, including contactless access and contactless payment services, may be provided at the Park.
- Contactless access involves the processing of your FacePass to identity you when entering the designated attractions; once your FacePass is enrolled you can enjoy easier and safer contactless entry to the attraction using your FacePass and without the need to scan your ticket. Contactless payment involves the processing of your FacePass to identify you when making payments at operating food and retail outlets (where available) inside the designated attractions; once your FacePass is enrolled you can link this to a debit or credit card and enjoy making payments using your FacePass without the need to use the credit or debit card.
- Enrolment for FacePass and contactless access services may be done online through the Yas Island mobile app or website (where available), by uploading a photo of your face. Alternatively, enrolment may be done offline with guest relations and thereafter allowing the camera at the turnstiles to capture your photo. Debit and credit card information can only be linked through the Yas Island mobile app or website (where available) and you must be 18 years or older to enrol a debit or credit card for contactless payments.
- Where consent is required, you are required to confirm that you are at least 18 years of age and are not a person of determination. For persons under the age of 18 or of determination, we will require consent to be provided by a parent or legal guardian at guest relations upon visiting our designated attractions.
- Please bring ID for all persons to the Park as this will be required to verify age and consent.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the information provided to us when enrolling for FacePass and contactless services (including debit or credit card and payment information) and for all transactions made in connection with FacePass and contactless payment services. All contactless payments made using the debit or credit card linked to your FacePass are non-refundable.
- Any promotions or discounts offered in connection with FacePass and contactless services are at our discretion and are subject to any specific promotion or discount terms and conditions. We may amend or withdraw such promotions or discounts or their terms and conditions at any time.
- Once you have unenrolled your FacePass, you will not be able to enrol for FacePass and contactless services again.
- Closures and Unavailability
- Certain rides, attractions, shows or outlets may be unavailable during your visit.
- On certain days, we may operate a ‘Ladies only’ policy at the Park. Please check the Park website ahead of your visit check if a Ladies only door entry policy applies.
- Although we will use reasonable efforts to keep our website up to date with news, we reserve the right, without prior notice and without refund, liability or compensation, to change the operating hours of the Park or attraction, close any area of the Park temporarily, restrict the number of persons having access to the Park, and/or suspend or cancel any attraction or entertainment program if we consider that the circumstances require. It is your responsibility to check the website and we cannot guarantee that it will inform you of all changes that may be relevant to your visit.
- You may not be able to gain access to the Park, or certain areas of the Park, during special events or private bookings.
- We offer parking facilities for the use of our guests only.
- Vehicles may not be left overnight.
- Vehicles are parked at the owner’s risk.
- Photography and Filming
- Areas within the Park and its grounds are monitored by CCTV.
- We reserve the right to stop picture taking or video recording and confiscate any inappropriate material.
- c. We may film, sound record or photograph public areas in the Park. By visiting and using the Park you understand and agree to the filming, sound recording and/or photography and possible subsequent exploitation/broadcasts/publication and you therefore agree (i) copyright in these materials rests with us or the authorised party as appropriate and (ii) that we or the authorised party may use, broadcast and exploit such images i in any material in any format whatsoever. You may object to the use of your personal data in connection with any filming, sound recording and/or photography by making a specific request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You accept that you have a duty to take reasonable steps to ensure your own safety, taking into account any medical conditions you may have. Entry into and use of the Park and its services is at your sole risk. We accept no responsibility for any loss, injury or damage sustained within the Park. You confirm that we (Farah Experiences LLC, the Park, our affiliates, owners, sponsors, lessors, licensors, staff agents or representatives) are not responsible for any loss, injury or damage sustained by you or to your property and waive all claims against us in this respect, to the maximum extent permitted by UAE law.
- Our liability to you is limited to the price of the entrance ticket
- Liability for indirect, special or consequential losses is excluded.
- We do not limit liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- In the event of an unforeseen park closure, or partial closure, we are not responsible for accommodation, travel or other costs you incur.
- You should send legal notices to Legal Department, Farah Experiences LLC PO Box 128717 Abu Dhabi UAE
- Right to Amend
- We may amend these terms and conditions at any time, by updating this page. We recommend you check for updates regularly.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The laws of United Arab Emirates as applicable in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi apply to your use of the Park. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Abu Dhabi.
- About this Policy
For any privacy queries, you can contact us at any time at: email@example.com Farah Experiences LLC
P.O. Box 128717
License Number: CN-1147824
- Personal Data
1. Who is responsible for protecting your personal data?
Farah currently manages and operates Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Warner Bros World™ Abu Dhabi, Yas Waterworld, CLYMB™ Abu Dhabi and Qasr Al Watan leisure facilities in Abu Dhabi with new leisure facilities planned for the future (the “Attractions”).
In connection therewith, Farah operates the following websites:
WiFi and MyPass
Farah also operates WiFi services and a centralised authentication service called ‘MyPass’, which allows you to seamlessly connect to various online, application and WiFi services. For further information on WiFi and MyPass, please review sections 3 and 5 below.
As the entity responsible for collecting your information when you use our services, Farah is a Data Controller of your personal data, along with our affiliates and partners where you use MyPass to engage with their services (please review sections 3 and 5 below). In certain circumstances (for example, where you use MyPass as part of our affiliates’ or partners’ services and your information is solely hosted within our digital platform as part of providing the MyPass service), Farah may also be acting as a Data Processor for your personal data.
This Policy is additional to and is not intended to override other notices or policies we may provide to you or the terms of any contract that you have with us (for example, specific Attraction or ticket terms and conditions), or any rights you may have.
2. What personal data do we collect, and how do we collect it?
Information we collect directly from youFarah collects three types of information about you: personal data, special categories of personal data and aggregated/anonymous data (as outlined in this Policy).
- Information that you personally provide to us when: registering for an account, purchasing our products and services, creating a MyPass, enrolling FacePass, subscribing to our mailing lists, registering for WiFi at our Attractions, making a telephone booking or enquiry, completing a survey, competition or taking part in promotional activities, applying for a job with us, engaging with us in our Attractions, or contacting us via a contact us form, livechat or other means available on our websites or mobile apps.
- Depending on the Attraction, website or mobile app you are visiting and the activity you are undertaking, this information may include:
- your first name, last name, date of birth, proof of your identity or age, nationality, gender, country of residence, city of residence, e-mail address, telephone number;
- your chosen marketing preferences and objections;
- your preferred language and information about your preferences or interests;
- general enquiry details and any other information or messages you decide to provide to us;
- if availing yourself of a special offer, a copy of the relevant ID required to demonstrate eligibility;
- if purchasing certain services at gate, or an annual pass to one of our Attractions, this will also include photograph/s and a copy of your emirates ID or passport;
- if taking part in one of our driving experiences at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, a copy of your driving license;
- details of your activity history or proficiency for certain activities (for example, if you have completed indoor skydiving before and your perceived skill level);
- first name, last name and date of birth for your family members, and their relationship to you, where you have chosen to add your family members’ details to your profile (where this option exists on a particular website or mobile app);
- credit or debit card and transaction details, if you make a payment for our products and services, which are not stored by Farah and are provided directly to our payment solution provider via a secured connection. All credit and debit card and transaction processing adheres to global data security standards to protect cardholder data;
- for certain services, this may include special categories of personal data. For example:
- where you are seeking to participate in physical activity (such as indoor skydiving and climbing at CLYMB™ Abu Dhabi), this may include information about your health (for example, your height and weight) and any medical conditions. For some activities we require completion of a medical waiver form, which includes a confirmation that you do not have certain medical conditions, in order to take part. We collect as little information as is necessary and this typically involves a simple confirmation that you do not have certain medical conditions as opposed to us collecting specific additional information about your medical history. However, if you disclose certain medical conditions, including a history of neck, back or heart problems, you will be required to evidence that you have been specifically cleared to participate in the activity by providing a valid doctor’s note;
- where you consent to use FacePass at our designated attractions this may also include your biometric information. The photo taken or uploaded for FacePass is used only to convert your face into a unique numerical identifier (your FacePass). For further information on the use of your personal data in connection with your FacePass, please review sections 3 and 5;
- biometric information: as used in this Policy, biometric data includes “biometric identifiers” and “biometric information”. “Biometric identifier” means a scan of face geometry (Farah uses facial recognition for FacePass, please review section 3). Biometric identifiers do not include writing samples, written signatures, photographs, human biological samples used for valid scientific testing or screening, demographic data, tattoo descriptions, or physical descriptions such as height, weight, hair color, or eye color. “Biometric information” means any information, regardless of how it is captured, converted, stored, or shared, based on an individual’s biometric identifier used to identify an individual. Biometric information does not include information derived from items or procedures excluded under the definition of biometric identifiers.
Information we collect indirectlyWe collect information you give us, information from your use of our products and services and information we get from third parties:
- In some cases, information about you may be provided to us by a third party verbally or in writing. For example, this could include if a family member or friend has purchased a group pass or tickets on your behalf, entered you into a competition or makes a complaint. This may also include: our affiliated companies or partners (for example, your chosen travel agent or other entities where you use MyPass to access their site or service), or where you engage with services that we provide in conjunction with other companies (for example, rewards or loyalty points programs or FacePass), or social media or internet platforms (for example, by using your Facebook or Google account login details to sign into our website, mobile app, MyPass, or WiFi service, where such facility is available).
- Depending on the Attraction, website or mobile app you are visiting and the activity you are undertaking, this information may include the same information as which you may provide directly (as detailed within this section 2 above).
Information we collect automatically
- This information includes traffic data, location data, weblogs, communication data and the resources you access; for example, your IP address, device ID, device type, referrer URL, operating system and version, geolocation, browser type and browsing history.
- Information may also be collected through campaign performance and engagement, including but not limited to information such as email opens, push notifications and SMS clicks.
- For security and public safety CCTV is in place in certain designated areas of the Attractions (only for security and safety reasons and to help prevent fraud or crime).
3. How do we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data for the following reasons:
To respond to you and perform the contract
- We will use your information to process and respond to your requests, reservations or queries, when you register, subscribe or contact us, and to provide access to restricted parts of our websites or mobile apps if required. Where you purchase our services or products we use your information to enter and perform our contract with you.
To improve our products and services
- We use your information to provide content on our websites and mobile apps in the most effective way. Your information allows us to identify you as a user, remember your preferences and deliver an enhanced digital experience. Such data is not retained beyond your visit of the respective website page or mobile app, but may be kept in log files to allow us to maintain and improve our website or mobile app.
To keep our services secure
- Your information may be used to detect, investigate, prevent fraud and rectify potential errors in our Attractions, technology and against potential cyber-attacks or other abuse of our technology, and to prevent or mitigate any damages that may have been caused by such abuse.
- While we take steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist and take appropriate care to help safeguard your information.
To provide WiFi services
- Your information is used to provide the WiFi service and to carry out analytics, and a log of all service usage activity is maintained for system performance, maintenance and security purposes. Please note that we do not correlate the user of the WiFi service with the websites or content viewed.
- To use our WiFi service, we ask you to create a MyPass (please review the MyPass section below) and when you connect to the service we collect your mobile ID, device type and other location based data (where you have permitted collection of this in your chosen device settings) to enable us to provide these services to you in the most effective way. For example, this information allows your device to automatically connect to the WiFi and MyPass services without you having to manually connect to the network or service each time. In order to disable the automatic authentication, you can select ‘Forget this network’ from your WiFi or mobile device settings.
To provide your MyPass (Unique Customer Identity)
- Most of our websites, mobile apps or WiFi services have the MyPass facility. If MyPass is available then when you choose to register for an account with us, we will collect your information to create a unique identifier for you called your MyPass, which is then used to authenticate you across the different services and enable you to enjoy a digital experience.
- MyPass is a centralised authentication service provided by Farah that allows you to seamlessly connect to various services throughout Abu Dhabi. This means that once you have created a MyPass at an available location or service in Abu Dhabi, you can use your MyPass to login at other available locations and services (for example, at the Attraction websites or mobile apps where available, or at the www.yasisland.ae website and mobile app), without you having to register again at each location or service.
- In certain cases, we might use your location and activities for which you have used your MyPass for the purpose of creating a unique customer profile. For example, if you have connected to the Wi-Fi in an Attraction using your MyPass and bought a ticket online for one of the Attractions, we will associate these activities to your MyPass.
- Further, as detailed at section 5, where you use MyPass your information may be shared with the other entities making use of MyPass.
- Where you log in to MyPass with your Facebook or Google account details, Facebook and Google will receive information about your activity on our websites or mobile apps. For more details on the information that Facebook and Google receives and how they use this, please review their respective Privacy Policies at www.facebook.com/policy and www.policies.google.com.
FacePass and contactless services
- FacePass services, including contactless access and contactless payment services, are provided by Farah at certain designated attractions on Yas Island (such as Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi and Yas Waterworld).
- Contactless access involves the processing of your FacePass to identity you when entering the designated attractions; once your FacePass is enrolled you can enjoy easier and safer contactless entry to the attraction using your FacePass and without the need to scan your ticket or physically touch assets. The way this works is that you (or a parent or legal guardian, if the FacePass relates to a person under 18 years of age or a person of determination) can consent to enrol your FacePass. Enrolment may be done online through the Yas Island mobile app or website (where available), by uploading a photo of your face. Alternatively, enrolment may be done offline by completing the necessary requirements with guest relations at our designated Attractions and thereafter allowing the camera at the turnstiles to capture your photo.
- Contactless payment involves the processing of your FacePass to identify you when making payments at operating food and retail outlets (where available) inside the designated attractions. The way this works is that (provided you are 18 or older) you can choose to link a debit or credit card to your FacePass through the Yas Island mobile app or website (where available). Once this link is made you can enjoy making payments using your FacePass without the need to physically use the debit or credit card.
- The photo taken or uploaded for FacePass is used only to convert your face into a unique numerical identifier (your FacePass) for means of facial recognition. Once authentication is confirmed the photo is not stored beyond this purpose and cannot be reused or regenerated for any means. Due to different factors such as picture quality of device used, shading and lighting, your photo may be stored securely on systems within Farah’s premises for up to a maximum of four weeks to ensure authentication and accuracy of the photo. When this process is completed the photo is then removed. The unique numerical identifier is encrypted and the encrypted value is stored securely on systems within Farah’s premises and linked to your customer profile.
- Contactless wristbands are being provided by Farah in conjunction with some of our affiliates or partners (for example, certain hotels in Abu Dhabi). Where such wristbands are issued, you can use these to access your hotel room and the designated attractions. Such wristbands may also be linked to your MyPass profile and may be used to access other services where available (for example, lockers at the Attractions). Contactless wristbands do not involve the processing of any biometric information.
- The encrypted values are stored and processed solely for authentication purposes; in other words, when you are next making a contactless entry or contactless transaction your FacePass will be authenticated against the stored encrypted value and once matched the entry or transaction will be completed. Your FacePass and the encrypted values are not processed for any other reasons.
- You can withdraw your consent for processing your FacePass and disable your payment information at any time by selecting the ‘Remove FacePass consent’ or ‘Manage your card’ options on the mobile app or website (where available). You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Where you withdraw your consent, such services will no longer be provided to you.
- If you have provided your consent by opting in to receive personalised updates and offers, we may send you such updates and offers by email, SMS, mobile app notifications (only available via the mobile app where you have opted in to receiving them), WhatsApp, social media and post, or occasionally contact you by telephone. You may withdraw your consent to receiving such communications at any time by using the [‘unsubscribe’] link in any communication received, by contacting us at email@example.com or where the particular website or mobile app has the facility to create an account, by changing your marketing preferences within the account management function on the website or mobile app.
- Our servers automatically protocol the consent gathering process to enable us to evidence that you have consented. For this purpose we will store the following information: email address, details of how and when consent was given, details of confirmation email sent and confirmation email clicked; including the date, time and IP address relating to the consent and clicked confirmation link, the wording of the consent and the information about the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- If you have opted in to hear from other companies in our group or our partners, you may also receive personalised updates and offers from such companies. You may withdraw your consent at any time by using the unsubscribe link in any communication received, by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org, or where the particular website or mobile app has the facility to create an account, by changing your marketing preferences within the account management function on the website or mobile app.
Personalised content, advertisements and services
- Your personal information may be used to understand your customer journey and to provide you with personalised offers or advertisements. These offers or advertisements may be shown to you on our websites or mobile apps or the websites of third parties (for example, your chosen social media platforms).
- Where we have permission to send marketing materials (as set out under Marketing in this section), these personalised offers and advertisements may be included within those updates and will be in accordance with your chosen marketing preferences.
- Please note we do not carry out any automated decision making based on your information.
Promotional or other activities
- If (at your discretion) you decide to take part in any promotional activities such as competitions, surveys or interactive features of our services, your personal data may be processed to administer the activity or enable participation.
- We may notify you of any changes or updates to your current services or subscriptions. For example, security alerts or important support or administration messages about your services or notices of when annual passes are due to expire.
- We may have to process your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, where required by applicable laws. Information may be used to:
- enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, policies, and standards, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues;
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law; (including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for such purposes).
- We may use your information for our business purposes; for example, to carry out data analytics to assess consumer demands and trends.
Aggregated or anonymised data
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
In most cases, we process your data at your request in order to enter into a contract with you and to perform our contract obligations (for example, to process your booking and issue your tickets). If the processing is not related to a contract, we will process your information on one of the following basis:
- based on your explicit consent for us to do so (for example, when you use FacePass, or opted in to our mailing lists or promotions);
- as required to comply with relevant legal or regulatory obligations (for example, to resolve disputes or enforce contracts);
- where processing is mandatory for the establishment, exercise or protection of a right;
- where data is publicly available;
- as required to support the legitimate interests that we have as a business (for example, to carry out market research and analytics, use CCTV at our Attractions, protect against unlawful behaviour or online services (such as prevent fraud by ensuring tickets are in the hands of the purchaser), create a profile regarding your interactions, purchases and interests (such as to inform you of new services or attractions that may be of interest to you) and to further improve and market our products and services), provided always that such processing is carried out in a way that does not violate your fundamental privacy rights.
With regard to special categories of personal data, such as the biometric or health and medical information outlined at section 2, we require your explicit consent (or the consent of your parent or legal guardian) to process such information. Such consent can be withdrawn; however, this is likely to mean that the services that require consent (for example, FacePass) can no longer be provided to you. We will advise of such consequences of withdrawing your consent if you take this action. Please note that we will only rely on consent as a legal basis when we strictly require consent for processing. We will not rely on this legal basis in circumstances where we may rely on one of the other legal bases, as outlined above.
5. Who do we share your personal data with?
We may share your information with third parties who provide a service to us. We do this where it is necessary for the service provider to have access to your information and solely for the purpose of them delivering that service to us. An example of this is when you purchase a service from us your payment details are processed by a third party payment solution provider.
Our service providers include:
- IT companies (e.g. hosting providers);
- WiFi providers;
- Payment solution providers;
- Marketing or communication providers;
- Data analytics providers;
- Survey or market research providers;
- Professional advisers or auditors;
Affiliates and partners
Where you use your MyPass to access services provided by our affiliates or partners (for example, by using MyPass to sign into their website, mobile app or WiFi service), we share your information with these entities for those services to be delivered, and those entities will have access for the purpose of data analytics.
If you opt-in to receiving marketing communications from our affiliates or partners when selecting your marketing preferences on our websites or mobile apps, we will share the information required in order for those affiliates and partners to contact you in the ways you have chosen.
Where you enrol for FacePass through our website or mobile apps or those of our affiliates, we may need to share your information with our affiliates who operate such websites or mobile apps or the respective operator of any attraction or outlet where such services are available, in order that such services can be provided to you.
We also share information in connection with services we provide in conjunction with affiliates or partners; for example, to provide rewards or loyalty points programs and other benefits or services that you may wish to make use of.
Other third parties
We may also disclose your personal data:
- internally, including any of the intra-group companies, our holding company and its subsidiaries where it is necessary to perform certain responsibilities efficiently as part of the service provided to you (for example, data may be accessible to certain types of persons involved within the operation of our services from our administration, IT, marketing or legal teams);
- if required by applicable laws or regulations;
- to government or supervisory bodies or agencies in response to their legitimate requests, or where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, even if such disclosure is not mandatory under law;
- if you explicitly requested or authorised us to do so;
- in the event we sell or merge whole or part of any business or assets, we would need to transfer your information to the acquiring company.
We only share the information that is necessary for the required purpose so we do not disclose all of the information you provide to us and we do not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties under any circumstances.
Aggregated or anonymised data may be shared with our service providers, affiliates or other third parties for the purpose of analytics and to improve products and services.
6. Links to third party websites
You may have accessed one of our websites by clicking a link on a third party website; for example, you may have clicked a link on one of our partners’ websites so that you could view package holiday options and were then redirected to our website. Similarly, our websites contain links to our partners’ websites.
We also integrate our websites or mobile apps with third party products (for example, Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter) to enable us to measure the performance of our websites and website content, present personalised offers and enable you to share, like and recommend pages to others via social media.
7. Transfers outside of the EEA
As a business located outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your information outside of the EEA and in some cases (as described in section 5), your information may be transferred to and processed by third parties who are also located outside of the EEA.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Whilst we have implemented such measures, we cannot completely guarantee the security of your information; any transmission by you is at your own risk.
We store your personal data in a centralised database hosted in the cloud, and affiliates or partners might have access to this database where such entities make use of MyPass. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password or account details. Where you chose to click a link to any of the websites of our partners, advertisers and affiliates, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or their security of your personal data. Please check their policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
11. How you can control your personal data
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data as determined by applicable data protection laws.
If you benefit from the rights of a data subject under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, or the Dubai International Financial Centre Data Protection Law No. 5 of 2020, you will have certain additional rights in relation to our handling of your personal information, including:
You have the right at any time to:
- be informed of the use of your personal data;
- access, rectification or erasure of your personal data;
- restrict and/or object to the processing of your personal data;
- data portability;
- not be subject to any decision based solely on automated processing of your personal data.
You can exercise some of these rights when providing data to us at registration or purchase or when contacting us, by reviewing and selecting or deselecting the boxes on the forms you are required to complete. Where the particular website or mobile app has MyPass or the facility to register for an account, you can also exercise some of these rights via the account management tools on our website or mobile app.
If at any time you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any communications we have sent you based upon your selected preferences, you may do so by using the one click unsubscribe link on those communications.
You can also contact us at email@example.com.
If you wish to discuss how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us at any time and we will investigate this. If you are not satisfied with the response or believe we are not processing your data in accordance with the applicable law you can refer the matter to any competent data protection authority.
12. Contacting us
For any privacy related queries, you may contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, for your safety and to allow us to make sure that we do not disclose any of your personal data to any unauthorised third parties, we may need to verify your identity and guarantee the adequate exercise of your rights. In doing so, we may request specific information and/or documents from you before we can properly respond to any request received concerning your data. All data and documents received from you in the process of responding to your requests will be used strictly for the purposes of analysing your request, authenticating your identity, and responding to your request in full.
Last updated 25 April 2021